A huge thank you to Dancing in the rain for this award (my first of many hopefully). After coming across her blog via WordPress Reader, her passion and love for writing immediately captivated me. But don’t take my word for it, check out her blog here.
So back to the award. Now this could be my longest post ever so please do bear with me. First thing’s first, a bit of admin. The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you, with link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 of your own questions to ask your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice: new, old, just found, following, or you think deserve some notice; and let them know they’ve been nominated!
4. Show off the Award photo on your blog!
5. No tag backs–meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
With the admin out of the way we can get onto the fun part, Q&A. Dancing in the rain asked me the following questions and here are my answers.
1. What made you choose blogging as a social platform?
I’ve always loved writing and talking, and blogging is an ideal way for me to combine the both. My first love will always be fiction but blogging is a good form of therapy.
2. How has blogging changed or enriched your life?
I’ve become a lot more consistent with my writing. I have my followers to thank, if it weren’t for your dedication to my blog I wouldn’t feel the need to do things like waking up and writing in the middle of the night. I’ve also been enriched by the blogging community; I love reading other people’s blogs and being inspired to better my own.
3. Are you satisfied with your position in life?
Yes, very much so. I’m young and quite literally living the dream. I know what I want from life and I’m on the path to getting it.
4. What life skill do you think is the most important and why, Staying up or getting up?
I interpret this question as ‘Staying up’ = staying at the top and ‘Getting up’ = working your way to the top? Hopefully I’ve interpreted it well, if not apologies, I’ll answer anyway. I definitely think getting up is a more important life skill. One has to know the value of hard work in order to reap the rewards in the end. If you’re only used to being at the top how will you handle the climb if you’re to fall?
5. What person influenced your life the most?
Definitely my mother. The struggle she went through to ensure her children got the best chance in life is amazing. I value her strength and independence and only hope that I can be half the woman she is.
6. Is there an important topic that you were passionate about but changed your mind about as you grew older?
To be honest not really. All the topics I’ve ever been passionate about still remain with me, the most prominent being the situation in Northern Uganda my birth place. I’d love to go back there and support my people out there.
7. What is the most important relationship in your life and why?
My most important relationship is with my immediate older brother. Being my closest sibling he’s the one that I share my deepest secrets with. He gets me like no other person. I love him from the depths of my heart.
8. What is a weakness that you suffer that you wish you could overcome?
I don’t know if others would see it as a weakness but I’m definitely too kind for my own good. I’m that person who won’t spend a penny on myself but will happily help another person in need. The good side is that I’ve helped a lot of deserving people. The bad side is that some people have taken advantage of my generosity and it has got me in quite a bit of debt.
9. Which is more powerful to you, need or desire or do you feel they are one and the same?
With regards to life definitely need. It’s a lot more practical and can save you a lot of hassle. But with regards to relationships, definitely desire. If you look for the person you ‘need’ as opposed to a person you ‘desire’ and have genuine passion for, you will most probably end up unhappy and never fully fulfilled in your relationship.
10. It is Saturday night, would you choose a quiet evening to do anything you wanted for yourself or a loud party with lots of friends and laughter?
Definitely a quiet night in! A nice cup of hot chocolate, endless supply of popcorn, and a CSI marathon would be ideal.
11. Is there a celebrity that you admire that you feel has impacted your life somehow?
Ellen. She has shown me that kindness can come from the simplest of acts. And that you should always strive to help others. She also just loves and appreciates life both hers and others a quality I aim to replicate.
Ok so time for my 11 questions:
1)Apart from blogging what other form of social media do you like to use to express yourself and why?
2)Relationships is a big part of my blog. What would you say is your most memorable/influential relationship to date and why?
3)Where do you see your blog in a year’s time?
4) Why did you chose WordPress as a platform as opposed to other blogging sites?
5) Which of your posts are you most proud of? (Do please add a link)
6) Describe yourself in three words
7) What five things would you take on a desert island?
8) What’s your favourite quote (assuming you have one)?
9) What’s your favourite, non-technology based, thing to do?
10) If you weren’t blogging right now, what would you typically be doing?
11) What major tip would you give to someone new to the blogging world?
Last but not least, time for my nominees:
2) Going Deep
10) Blissful Blog